10.28.2010

Bon Appétit!

I like to think of myself as someone with a wide variety of interests. Maybe I just can't make up my mind about my interests and hobbies, but I prefer to call it a hunger for experiences, knowledge, and life. Over fall break, I spent a wonderful afternoon with one of my dear friends. We began our outing by strolling around the zoo and checking out the wide variety of animals. On a whim, we decided to head downtown to see the new cultural trail which contains various pieces of glass artwork commemorating important individuals in our country's history and their contributions. Although the time on our parking meter was ticking away, we decided to pick up the pace and make a quick stop at the South Bend Chocolate Shop on the the circle before heading back. After perusing the display of chocolate covered fruits and treats, I bought some delicious dark chocolate covered tart cherries. Yum! This brings me to the topic of this post. As we retraced our path to return to the car, I discussed with my friend just how much we truly love food. We have come to the conclusion that some people simply like food while others truly enjoy the qualities of unique dishes and ingredients. I am most certainly a member of the latter group. Now that we have branched out of the small town in which we grew up, we have an array of delicious restaurants right at our fingertips. I told my friend my idea of making a list of the many restaurants we hope to try so that we can begin checking off one a month or so. (I know I'm such a list maker. Make fun if you wish, but that's just how I operate.) This post is dedicated to this endeavor and the first of the city's many restaurants that will begin my list of must-try locations.

1. The first restaurant, which I will actually be trying out tomorrow evening, is called Creation Cafe. It is located along the canal downtown and has piqued my interest in passing recently. I hope their dinner creations are as creative as the restaurant itself seems to be!


2. The second restaurant on my list which also happens to be my second upcoming restaurant stop is Napolese which has been deemed "an artisanal pizzeria." Okay, that in itself sounds delicious...count me in!

3. Greek food is one of my favorites, and a particular restaurant of this cuisine which I've been wanting to visit is Indy's Santorini Greek Kitchen. Unfortunately, I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that their building was damaged by a fire. Hopefully I didn't miss out on my opportunity to try their excellent dishes.

4. My list is nowhere near finished, but this one currently tops it off. I recently walked past a very interesting building that housed the Bourbon Street Distillery. It is located on the corner of the street and appears to have two stories, outdoor dining available, and music. It looks to be a relaxing environment in which to enjoy this Cajun and Caribbean cuisine.


To my fellow food appreciators out there, let me know if you want to join in on any of these excursions or if you have other recommendations. My quest for Indy's unique dining spots has only begun...... bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment