3.08.2011

Birthday Blessings

I turned another year older just the other day. It's funny how once you reach a certain age, a birthday is nice but it just isn't quite such a big deal anymore. I once read a great quote that I think about when it comes to birthdays and age. It said, "If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you be?" Age is only a number; it's the life and fullness that you allow into you day that determines your inner age. Some days I think that I might fall right there with a little kid, yet in other moments I'm pretty sure I'm the age of a grandma. I can't help that I like going to bed early and crocheting!

Anyhow, I had a really wonderful birthday weekend. On Friday my mom came up from home and I went out to eat with my family and boyfriend. The food at Bravo was absolutely delicious. I completely recommend it to anyone who enjoys Italian. There was nothing better than finishing it off with birthday dessert of creme brulee. Yummmm. On Saturday I headed out of town to Cincinnati to visit a few friends. It was great to catch up with an engaged couple I know well who recently bought a home. After that, I drove to my sorority little sister's house who took me as her guest to the Cincinnati Pop Orchestra's concert called "Pop Goes Celtic." We had a wonderful time listening to the orchestra accompanying a fantastic Canadian Celtic group called Leahy. This group consists of eight very musical siblings who play instruments ranging from the guitar to the drums, to the violin. They also are all very talented at a style of dance called French Canadian step or something of the sort. It was really fascinating to watch their feet and legs moving and tapping in such amazing unison. Finally, I ended the weekend by again going out to eat with family and friends. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch of sushi. Although it was a fast paced weekend, it was such a blessing to spend it with such special people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment