3.10.2011

Step Up and Make a Difference

As of late, I have definitely gotten into buying products here and there that help support a worthy cause. Back at Christmas, I bought jewelry for a few friends that was made by Ugandan women and raises money to send their young girls to school. Cool jewelry and support of a noble organization. Too neat, right!?

This morning I picked up a package that had been delivered to our door. Inside was a very unique pair of shoes I had ordered. The purchase of my new TOMS means that their company will give a pair of shoes to a child worldwide who is in need. Their website explains how many illnesses are picked up by these individuals in poor countries simply because they walk around without shoes. If I'm going to buy items anyways, why not choose ones that look cute and let me step up and make a difference too!

Check out the TOMS website by clicking here.

Here is a picture of the beautiful TOMS I ordered. I contemplated choosing a more neutral color to add to my spring and summer shoe collection. Then, I decided that life's too short not to buy the pretty pink ones that will make me feel like a ballerina. Even if I'm grown up, I still like to feel like a pretty princess. I can't wait to sport them in warmer weather when I head to Texas on Spring Break in a few short weeks!



How are you stepping up and making a difference? Please post and comment if you have found any other great items or products that make a difference for others in our world and are stylish too. I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment