5.15.2010

Connecting the Dots

I really love the thrill of new opportunities and fresh adventures in life. On the other side of that coin, I'm also very much the type of person who loves routine and consistency. I'm a planner. I like knowing what to expect. One day earlier this week, I began to have an ache in my stomach, and I knew exactly what was causing it. Things were about to change... After spending a school year in an amazing elementary working with incredible individuals, I began to feel sad at the prospect of leaving. Furthermore, my roommate and I are preparing to move into a house that she recently bought. On top of that, I am leaving in a few short weeks to work as a staff member at church camp. With so many wonderful experiences to look forward to, I still felt a bit anxious because everything that I have come to know in the past months were taking a new shift. I continued to remind myself, though, that God is in control and that I can always find peace in Him. God spoke this truth to me in many ways this week, and one quote from a daily Proverbs 31 Ministries devotional reminded me, "We can't possibly see the road ahead or try to understand where it is going, but I guarantee you the Creator of the universe is connecting your dots." Boy oh boy, was He ever connecting my dots this week! God has truly been at work in my life the past few days as he has led me to new opportunities in my teaching career. Just when I begin to feel anxious, he reaches His hand into my life in such an obvious way to remind me that He will lead me to the places I should go. Though consistency may wane and changes both beautiful and frightening will come in life, I can be at rest in my Savior. The next surprise around the bend is something new, but completely exciting! When you too have those days when you can't see what lies around the bend, remember that our Creator is connecting the dots of your life, too, as part of His master plan. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) What a glorious truth to rest our faith in!

No comments:

Post a Comment