1.30.2011

Right Out Your Back Door

Sometimes I find it amazing how many interesting places you can find nearly in your own backyard. Although I could make a lengthy list of all the places I hope to travel in the future, I lately have been trying to explore locally. This weekend I went on a fun afternoon outing with my boyfriend and another couple we are friends with to a winery just south of Indianapolis, Mallow Run Winery and Vineyard. I was excited to find it located off a country road and behind a cornfield. I definitely felt right at home. We first entered the upper level of the winery in which there is a tasting room coupled with a number of tables for casual dining. Downstairs we found a heated tent filled with tables and enjoyed the musical talents of a group called Acoustic Catfish. We had a wonderful time chatting, listening to the music, and appreciating this neat jewel tucked just off the beaten path. Perhaps we will make another trip there later this year. My friends, while chatting with one of the employees, learned that customers can come help harvest grapes. What an interesting experience that would be!

I've been very fortunate these past few months to take part in many of Indianapolis's unique experiences. Lucky me to have such a creative and fun boyfriend! Some of my favorite dates have been a Colts game, dinner and a Christmas show at Beef & Board's, rock climbing, and Christmas at the zoo. Who knows what adventure we will find ourselves on next!


No comments:

Post a Comment