1.31.2011

Joyful Fashion

Well I lucked out. Mother nature decided to drop ice, snow, and rain on central Indiana this evening resulting in no school/work for me tomorrow. It's so convenient to know about school cancellations the night before instead of waking up that morning and eagerly sitting in front of the TV or computer screen with your fingers crossed. I can't say that I want any more of this wintery weather, but I will admit that a day of sleeping in and time to work on grading and reading sounds mighty fine to me. Anyhow, a free day for me tomorrow also gives me the luxury of staying up later tonight. What better time to add another blog post than now?

I want to dedicate this blog post to some fabulous and unique jewelry that I discovered a few months ago. While glancing through the articles in my national Chi Omega sorority magazine, I spotted an article about a sister in Texas who started a non-profit organization which caught my eye. This organization, be.the.joy, sells vibrantly colored jewelry such as necklaces and bracelets made by Ugandan women out of magazine paper. The organization calls this jewelry heart beads. The thing that really sparked my interest was the fact that the proceeds of the sales go toward helping fund the education of Ugandan girls. As a teacher, this made me want to support such a worthy cause. After ordering a necklace, I was not disappointed in the least. The craftmanship of the necklace was excellent, and it was more beautiful than I even expected. I ended up buying several other necklaces for a few of my friends' Christmas gifts.


Check out be.the.joy's website . Support a worthy organization and fellow women in our world. Not only will you have the satisfaction of giving the gift of education, but you will also find an absolutely beautiful and unique fashion accessory to add to your collection.
(Photo courtesy of be.the.joy's facebook page.)


No comments:

Post a Comment