2.03.2011

Ice Princess

Today is ice day #3. I remember the days back in elementary school when we had several days off from school due to inches of snow and slick roads, but a sheet of ice such as the one still covering Indianapolis sidewalks, cars, homes, and even many streets days later is something unlike anything I've ever seen. I've had a good chuckle at the newscasters the past few days as they have talked about it from every angle until it seems there is nothing left to say about the winter storm. Nonetheless, I to agree that it has been a pretty big ordeal for our city and state.

Yesterday my roommates and I ventured out the front door in an attempt to clear our cars and take a look around. After a half hour outside, all three of us had fallen as had one of the mail ladies after a postal service vehicle got stuck. Nothing like walking on a street that could serve as an ice skating rink! Two broken ice scrapers later, we had made headway on our car windows. I couldn't believe the two inch thick ice that clung to my windshield. I'm still working on it or waiting for it to melt away. I am anxious to see what tomorrow will bring. Although three days off from work has been a pleasant surprise, I am ready to get back to it. There are only so many things to do at home after so many hours of free time...


If I thought our last snowfall had me wishing for spring and summer, let me tell you that this desire has only multiplied. I'm thinking thoughts of planting flowers, swimming, volunteering at church camp, and music. My roommates and I bought our country megaticket just the other morning. We are looking forward to seeing a number of oustanding country artists throughout the course of the summer including Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Toby Keith, and Tim McGraw. Bring on those summer days and summer nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment