1.17.2011

Savvy Saver

Since I had the day off today, it seemed like a good day to make a trip to the grocery. I must admit that grocery shopping is not on my list of favorite activities, but it was much more enjoyable when I was able to take my sweet time and peruse the aisles. After placing the last few items in my cart, I strolled along the row of checkout lines trying to determine which would lead me to the quickest exit route. You know the game we all play. Well, let's just say that I wasn't a winner today. I chose a line with only one customer ahead of me, but after putting my groceries on the belt, I realized that this fellow shopper was apparently stocking up for the end of the world. After reminding myself that patience is a virtue, I began to watch the process going on between the customer and cashier in front of me. My attitude changed to one of respect when I noticed that the woman had first of all brought a number of reusable shopping bags and that she was quite the coupon clipper. She was not only environmentally conscious but also financially smart too! I will say that I only occasionally use a coupon, but I have to admire those who take the time and have developed the skills to deduct a large sum of money from their bill. I think I will make it my goal over the next few weeks to begin searching for coupons before going to the store. We'll see if I can turn myself into a savvy saver after all.

P.S. - Advice welcome and wanted from any skilled coupon users!

1 comment:

  1. The grocery game is a website that helps you with coupons, it takes a lot of the work out and lets you reap the rewards. I think you made a wise decision to live in the moment and use it for your good ....awesome!

    ReplyDelete