1.08.2012

J is for...

J

   is for journey.



One of my favorite country songs blared out of my car speakers just the other day.  Life's a dance you learn as you go.  Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.  Don't worry 'bout what you don't know.  Life's a dance you learn as you go.  So true.  Life really is a little bit like going on a trip without knowing the exact coordinates of the next stop or destination.  At times I get excited to see a path laid out before me while in other moments I simply must follow along.  I'm learning as I go.

Taking a journey makes me think of adventure, and this is a word I'm beginning to connect with more and more.  Ask my dearest friends and adventurous might not be one of the first words they'd use to describe me.  Nonetheless, I think that adventure boils down to so much more than backpacking around the world or jumping out of an airplane.  Adventurous is taking risks and trying something new when God calls your name.  Our life journey can certainly be mundane, yet we're given the opportunity to go on a thrill of a ride if we simply take God's hand and let Him lead the way.

I visited a new church today with one of my friends.  The minister really challenged me to begin this new year not with a list of resolutions and a list of accomplishments to attain.  Instead, he reminded us to be still and to listen to God's quiet voice whispering into the corners of our lives.  Quite frankly, it excites me and scares me at the same time to think about the adventures that God will bring my way when I quiet the world around me and listen more clearly to His voice.  I believe that anything He brings me to, He will also equip me with the tools and abilities to fulfill His works and purposes.  I don't want to miss out on a moment of the greatest journey and adventure that God has planned for my days.

I leave you with a thought that I heard about a year ago that has continued to impact me even until today.  Are you willing to make this your surrender to God?  Whatever You want even if what You want isn't what I want.  It's really frightening to surrender our desires and wishes, yet I know that His ways and His plans are far greater than my hopes and dreams.  May I be given the privilege to be used as His hands and feet.  What a blessed journey it will be.    

No comments:

Post a Comment