1.22.2012

L is for...

L

   is for learning.



I truly admire the men and women in my life who are excellent cooks.  I have such an appreciation for impeccable flavor and presentation when it comes to food.  I've come to realize lately that to become such an individual, it's going to take some more time rolling up my sleeves and getting down and dirty in the kitchen.  Cooking isn't something that one will instantly be skilled at; it is most certainly a learning process.  Therefore, I've been trying one new recipe a week in 2012.  Thanks to Pinterest and my friend H, I found an amazing food blog called Annie's Eats.  In addition to a wide variety of recipes, I love the fact that Annie is a hard-working wife, mom, and resident physician right here in Indianapolis.  I figure if she has time to take care of her family, work/learn in the medical field, and to share her talent with the world, then I sure can give her recipes a try!  (I'm secretly wondering, though, if she is Wonder Woman.  I'm impressed to say the least.)

So far I've tried out four recipes three of which have been amazing.  One was a bit of a disaster, but let's not talk about it.  It happens.  Today I made her recipe for Mom's Goulash.  As I was preparing the dish, it reminded me a little bit of lasagna, but much to my pleasant surprise it is unique in its own right.  It was very easy and really reeeealy good.  Head on over to her blog and check out the food love she's sharing!  Bon appetit!
   



“I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own createdness and fragility.” 
-Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet

No comments:

Post a Comment