12.04.2011

E is for...

E

  is for energize!


This fall semester, three of my fellow teachers and I brought a fantastic, energetic program to over thirty third-fifth graders at our elementary school.  The non-profit organization and program, Girls on the Run, was developed to help girls develop self-esteem, good values, and healthy habits all while training to participate in a 5k race.  After weeks of activities and practice, our race day finally arrived.  We participated in the St. Nik Lauf 5k downtown yesterday morning.  It was a brisk, clear race day.  I am happy to say that 26 of our girls participated and all crossed finish line.  What an accomplishment!  I am so proud of their hard work, efforts, and overall dedication throughout the programs.  They were little shining stars yesterday!

Lined up to begin the race

Off we go!

Crossing the finish line with my two little buddies!



(Photos courtesy of www.racemyplanet.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment