12.15.2011

F is for...

F

is for friendship.



The past few months, I have been relishing the beauty of meaningful friendships.  God has given us so many blessings in life, and I think that friends are truly one of them.  I'm continually grateful for my friends who have known me long enough to understand my greatest strengths and weaknesses and accept my totality with open arms.  They span the country from Virginia to Colorado, but they are always at most simply a phone call away.  They are teachers, students, stay at home moms, financial advisers, clerks, and nannies.  They are brilliant women who inspire me, support me, talk with me, and bring me many smiles and laughter.  They teach me that life, success, and adventure can take on endless forms.  We work hard, we play hard, and we know that no matter how divergent our paths might seem on a daily basis, I can be confident that they too will walk with me in both my celebrations and struggles.

On the other hand, I never cease to be pleasantly surprised by the joys that unexpected and unplanned friendships can bring.  I appreciate those individuals who have walked into my life and found a place in my heart.  It is such a beautiful gift to watch a new friendship grow before your eyes.  Perhaps we find that we are very much alike or that we are polar opposites.  I really think that God connects us to many types of people to help us learn to love one another in our many unique, wonderful versions.  To my incredible friends both old and new, thank you for the happiness you bring to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment