12.18.2011

G is for...

G

is for growth.


God has been stretching me in a lot of different ways lately.  To be quite honest, it's rather uncomfortable and I'm not sure how much I like it.  I'm also quite aware that I don't have to like it, but it still is

I believe that God has a really big plan for each of us, and that sometimes He lets us hurt, be confused, and even ache because of that beautiful something that is around the corner that we simply cannot yet see.  I have absolutely no doubt that God loves me as His precious child.  I hold firmly in my heart the promise that He has "plans to prosper [me] and not to harm [me]" (Jeremiah 29:11).  Like a gardener who lovingly cares for each plant, I imagine my Father tenderly reaching down and pruning me so that I might grow as His child.  I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to look like when it's all finished.  A brilliant sunflower?  A mild daisy?  A fragrant rose?  I pray that He might make me a Proverbs 31 woman with such beauty as these reflecting from within her.     

I'm having some growing pains these days, and it's not because I'm getting any taller.  (Unfortunate, I know...)  I'll admit I'm highly curious as to what the Master Artist has in mind, but He isn't giving me a peek at the canvas just yet.  So I'm going to try to stop fighting it.  I will set my roots firmly in the fertile soil and foundation of His strength and the supporting individuals He surrounds me with.  I'm going to stop analyzing life so much and spend more time on my knees praying about it.  I desire that He stretches me, that He lets me grow to the potential that only He can see He has placed within my being.  One of these days I know I'll look back on this season of growth and be thankful to what brings me to that place.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great post. I'm glad I came across it tonight. Thanks for writing, Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What profound words for such a sweet lady! Pain is not fun, it is hard, it makes us want to give up but that is his refinement. We will be more like Him when we see that He has a bigger,and better plan and that He loves us! You are His! His Sweet Daughter. Relish in it!I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete