12.27.2011

H is for...

H
  
   is for hope.



It's hard to believe that Christmas is over and both December and 2011 are nearing an end.  I'm in the middle of Christmas break right now and I have to admit that I am enjoying every second of it.  I'm sleeping in and snuggling back into my warm blankets instead of getting up to my alarm.  I'm sitting on the couch for hours enjoying the friendship of characters who greet me in the books that beckon to me.  I've been losing myself in lesson planning and getting excited about returning to the classroom next week.  I'm savoring the deliciousness of meals with dear friends and the even more sweet conversation that we have time to share.  Christmas break and December most certainly rank as one of the best times of my year.

December is a month of hope.  It's greatest sense of hope comes in remembering the arrival of our Messiah that very first Christmas.  I can only imagine the great expectation that Joseph, Mary, the shepherds, and the wise men felt as they gazed lovingly at the Christ child.  Jesus chose to step down from His throne in heaven to come live amongst us: the broken, the sinners, the needy, the weak.  Immanuel, God with us.  Such hope he brought to humanity with his birth.

December is also a month of hope for so many who begin planning changes in a new year.  2011 was a year filled with both happiness and sadness, hard work and play, and new beginnings and endings.  I am ready for the fresh start that 2012 will usher into my life.  I'm not too keen on making specific New Year's resolutions anymore.  Instead I'm setting some flexible guidelines for myself and a philosophy to live by these next twelve months.  I'm going to push myself to explore, to grow, to succeed, to fail, to love, to live with fullness, and most importantly to rely on God.
(www.pinterest.com - source unknown)

2011, thank you.  2012, I'm ready.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment